The enterprise produces caprolactam, methanol, liquid technical ammonia, ammonia water, cyclohexane, cyclohexanone, battery sulphuric acid, extra pure and reactive sulphuric acid, ammonium sulphate, technical formalin, carbamide-formaldehyde concentrate (CFC), liquid carbon dioxide and carbonic acid gas, dry ice (solid carbon dioxide), food-grade carbon dioxide, oxygen in gas cylinders, melt of alkaline sodium carbonate, adipic alkaline plasticizer.
The company was one of the first in the country to be certified in accordance with the international standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 for quality management, environmental safety, occupational health and industrial safety; production of carbon dioxide is FSSC 22000 certified for food safety.
Foundation date of JSC Shchekinoazot: 1955
- In May 1955, the first products were obtained: cooking gas, sulphuric acid, phenols, coal tar
- On October 30, 1961 the first ammonia was produced
- In 1963, the construction of carbamide workshops No. 1 and No. 2 was finished
- In 1966, production of caprolactam and the first stage of methanol production were launched
- In 1967, the economic experiment "Shchekino method" began
- In February 1993, Shchekino Industrial Union "Azot" was transformed into JSC Shchekinoazot
- In 2004, JSC Shchekinoazot introduced a quality management system complying with ISO 9001:2000 requirements; the certification was performed by SGS
- In 2005, the enterprise received its first certificates from the Russian Organization for Quality (ROQ), certifying that the products of JSC Shchekinoazot — technical grade A methanol, top?grade crystalline caprolactam, as well as liquid and solid carbon dioxide — corresponded to the highest level established by the Russian Quality Program, and so the enterprise was entitled to use the RQ label
- In 2007, JSC Shchekinoazot was among the first companies in Russia to introduce the integrated management system for quality, environmental safety, occupational health and industrial safety complying with the requirements of three international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001); the certification was performed by SGS
- In November 2011, a new high-tech M-450 methanol production facility was put into operation
- In February 2013, food-grade carbon dioxide production was updated with a food safety management system complying with the requirements of FSSC 22000:2011 (ISO 22000+ISO/TS 22002-1); the certification was performed by INTERTEK
- In 2017, JSC Shchekinoazot was granted the Quality Award by the Government of the Russian Federation
- The year 2018 saw the launch of the modern high-tech M450\A-135 methanol-ammonia production complex and the SK-200 installation, as well as the commissioning of new sewage treatment plants that are an important aspect of the environmental safety of the enterprise and are the foundation for its new projects
- The year 2018 also marked the beginning of the third stage of Shchekinoazot's Development Strategy aimed at the implementation of large investment projects: an ammonia production complex with an output of 525,000 metric tons a year and a carbamide production complex with an output of 700,000 metric tons a year; the new M-500 methanol installation and production facilities for nitric acid and ammonium nitrate
- In 2019, crystalline caprolactam, technical grade A methanol, liquid carbon dioxide and carbonic acid gas, as well as food grade carbon dioxide produced by JSC Shchekinoazot successfully passed assessment by the World Quality Program and the enterprise was entitled to use the label proving conformity of its products to the highest world level, which is certified by certificates granted by the Russian Organization for Quality (ROQ).
JSC Shchekinoazot's integrated management system for quality, environmental safety, occupational health and industrial safety that complies with the requirements of international standards ensures effective management of organizational, commercial and technical activities of the enterprise, and guarantees the fulfillment of requirements of customers and all stakeholders.
Certificates of conformity of the integrated system of quality management, ecology, health and safety
Certificate of conformity of the food safety management system
Scope of the integrated management system for quality, environmental safety, occupational health and industrial safety (excerpt from the RK-01-2019 IMS Guidelines, Ammendment 1):
"The integrated management system for quality, environmental safety, occupational health and industrial safety (IMS) at JSC Shchekinoazot was developed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001.
The IMS was developed and introduced with the purpose of implementing JSC Shchekinoazot's Policy for quality, environmental safety, occupational health and industrial safety and reaching the set Goals within a single integrated management system.
The scope of the IMS deals with all internal and external factors and takes into account the needs and expectations of stakeholders, including requirements for products, environmental requirements and commitments to ensure occupational health and industrial safety.
Scope of Shchekinoazot's integrated management system for quality, environmental safety, occupational health and industrial safety comprises the following chemical products:
- ammonium sulphate
- carbon dioxide
- carbamide-formaldehyde concentrate
- ammonia water
All requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 standards are applicable within the range of the IMS and are binding for all structural divisions of the enterprise."
Information for sulphuric acid consumers:
The scope of the management system will be expanded during the first supervisory audit of the integrated system of quality management, environment, health and safety in 2020.
The implementation of the product quality policy is based on:
- technological re-equipment and modernization of the existing production facilities, improvement of the process using the latest global technologies
- building new production facilities with the enlistment of leading licensors and equipment suppliers
- improvement of the quality management system
- advanced personnel training
- use of statistical methods for product quality control in the production process and for quality control of each finished product batch
- direct work with end consumers of chemical products and taking into account their individual requirements and preferences.
Laboratories of JSC Shchekinoazot are accredited in accordance with GOST ISO/IEC 17025 and the decree of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation No. 326 of May 30, 2014, and the analytical control and control of finished products is performed using sophisticated modern equipment that complies with global standards.
There is annual monitoring of consumer expectations and assessment of customer satisfaction with product quality. All consumers consider our enterprise a reliable supplier. Regular customers make up 80–90 % of customers of all of the company's products, which indicates their high level of satisfaction. Our customers have reported no valid product quality complaints for more than 10 years.
An individual approach to each customer of the company is one of the priorities for the enterprise. Contracts with consumers often contain additional product quality indicators.
Each customer is provided with a package of documents on the quality of the supplied product (quality certificates, compliance certificates, health and hygienic certificates, safety data sheets). At the consumer's request, the documentation is issued in several languages.
JSC Shchekino Khimvolokno
Products: polyamide 6, engineering plastics, nonwoven fabric Spanbond
Foundation date: year of 1970
Polyamide 6 –till 42 thousand tons per year (the plant is temporarily
engineering plastics – 3 thousand tons per year (the plant is temporarily on standby)
Nonwoven fabric Spanbond– 9.84 thousand tons per year
Trading House Shchekinoazot Ltd.
Date of foundation: 1997
Main areas of activity: sales of industrial chemistry products at domestic and global markets
Trading House ShchekinoAzot Ltd is an integral part of United Chemical Company ShchekinoAzot.
Since its foundation Trading House has been positioning as client-oriented enterprise, working for satisfying customers’ requirements and wishes highest possibly.
The staff have been selling major company’s products (methanol, caprolactam, cyclohexane, sulfuric acid, oleum, ammonium sulphate, FCC-85 and other ones, which are no less important to the country’s economy) at both domestic market and global one.
The company is a large exporter to the countries of Western and Eastern Europe, CIS, Asia, USA and Latin America.
Trading House ShchekinoAzot Ltd’s staff represent the team of professionals, constantly and seriously working on entering new contracts both domestic market and export orientation.
The example of marketing policy efficiency is steady increase of sales volume of the products produced by holding enterprises.
Contracts with regular customers have been prolonging from year to year, and that is the sign of the company’s high level of reliability and worthwhile confidence from customers’ side. Specialists of the Commercial Department have a clear-cut idea about strands of selling the products which are planned to be produced at enterprises next years.
Within limits of new projects development and existing production technical revamping, Marketing Department of Trading House carries out the research of new markets and implements the search of potential clients. Decisions on further technical development of the company’s enterprises are made on the basis of the undertaken research.
For many years of work Trading House ShchekinoAzot has proven being a responsible, reliable partner not only inward the Russian Federation but also outward.
Efremov chemical plant (affiliated branch of JSC Shchekinoazot)
Products: sulphuric acid, oleum
Foundation date: year of 1982
Production capacity: 500 thousand tons per year
At present moment the plant is in the process of modernization. Also we are searching for new products that will increase the level of sulphuric acid technological processing.
Heatand Power Plant Pervomayskaya (Affiliatedbranchof JSC Shchekinoazot)
Products: electrical and thermal energy
Foundation date: 1953
Project Objectives: increasing of working efficiency of Heat and Power Plant Pervomayskaya and providing equipment-running efficiency to meet all the requirements of JSC Shchekinoazot in electrical and thermal energy
Current Project State: Plan of full repair of Pervomayskaya Plant 2011 is worked out and project works is being carried out and is in process; construction and assembling works are in process, the equipment and materials are being delivered to the industrial site of the plant.
Results Expected: reduction of costs of electrical and thermal energy, increasing of running efficiency of Central Heating and Power Plant Pervomayskaya, power production reliability of JSC Shchekinoazot.
January 1, 2011 – Heat and Power Plant Pervomyaskaya became the affiliated branch of JSC «Shchekinoazot».
- Nameplate electric capacity — 105 MW
- Nameplate thermal capacity — 774 Gcal/h
LLC Innovative Enterprise Shchekinoazot
Foundation date: January 1, 2007.
Products and services:
- The development of the processing technologies of lactoserum with the provided NTD for the ready dairy products on the basis of the demineralized lactoserum.
- The production, assembling and putting into operation of the membrane equipment, among which are electrodialysis plants, and the instruction of the customers’ specialists.
- Warranty and post warranty service of the purchased equipment.
- The production of the componentry for the electrodialysis plants (ion-exchange membranes, electrodes with different coverings, including titanic electrodes with platinum covering, spacer for the membrane modules).
For more detailed information, please visit: www.azotom.com
LLC Shchekinoazot– BH
Foundation date: 2007.
LLC «Shchekinoazot-BH» is the official supplier of the household chemical goods produced at JSC «Shchekinoazot» on the territory of the Russian Federation, neighboring and distant foreign countries.
The household chemical goods of JSC «Shchekinoazot» include the products for:
- sanitary engineering cleaning: toilets, baths, sinks, shower cabins, drains;
- panes and vinyl windows cleaning;
- dish washing, also at cold water;
- cleansers for all surfaces: kitchen, fridges, glass ceramics, crockery with anti-stick coating, climate system, household appliances and office equipment;
- anticrustators for heating systems, kettles, automatic washers;
- universal cleansers;
- cleaner ANTIGREASE for the removal of greasy spots from the surfaces of any devices designed for cooking meal at heating;
- cleaners for carpets and floors;
- bleaches, including «Belizna»
One of our products’ competitive advantages is the brand awareness and the trust of a wide circle of consumers. The ultimate buyer chooses our products as they meet the requirement of the value for money. LLC «Shchekinoazot-BH» values its reputation of a reliable supplier, presses thoroughly towards the development of the relationships with the partners and is looking for cooperation.
For more detailed information, please visit: bh.n-azot.ru
LLC Shchekino Linoleum
Establishment date: 2006 - in the linoleum section of Khimvolokno OJSC.
Main activities: production and sale of household and semi-commercial heat and sound insulation linoleum produced in accordance with TU and GOST 18108-2016 (GOST 18108-80).
The list of in-house manufactured products:
- Linoleum "Economy class", thickness 2.0 mm, width from 1.5 to 4.0 m
- Linoleum "Business class", thickness 2.5 mm, width from 1.5 to 4.0 m
- Linoleum "Comfort class", thickness 3.0 mm, width from 1.5 to 4.0 m
- Linoleum "Standard class" (GOST 18108-2016/GOST 18108-80), thickness 3.6 mm, width from 1.5 to 4.0 m
- Linoleum "PROF 1", semi-commercial, thickness 3.0 mm, width from 2.0 to 3.5 m
- Linoleum "PROF 2", semi-commercial, thickness 2.2 mm, width from 2.0 to 3.5 m.
See more detailed information on the website: www.s-lin.ru
LLC Transport Managment SPA «Azot»
Foundation date: December 19, 2002. The company’s major objective is to provide all the services in organizing the goods transportation by means of motor and railroad transport in the shortest possible time with minimum costs for our clients. As of January 1, 2010 the company’s employees have organized the transportation of 4,1 mln tons of goods by railroad transport.
For more detailed information, please visit: www.td-npoazot.ru
LLC Industrial Conctruction Company «Shchekinoazot»
Foundation date: March 22, 2004.
Main business lines: building and assembly jobs, including:
- foundation, roof construction, stone constructions;
- setting up of water pipe external networks, sewerage, heat supply, gas utilities, power supply;
- assembling of metal constructions;
- setting up of engineering systems and equipment;
- assembling of industrial pipe-line and equipment;
- chemical protection;
- protection of building constructions, water pipes and equipment.
For more detailed information, please visit: www.psk.n-azot.ru
LLC DME Aerosol
Foundation date: 2012
A joint venture of Russian company JSC “Shchekinoazot” (Tula Region) and a large European holding company “PCC SE” (Germany).
Production capacity: 20 thousand tons per year
The main objectives of the company:
- the creation of a modern enterprise, unparalleled in Russia, CIS and Eastern Europe, for the production of high-quality DME, used as a propellant in aerosols of a wide range of applications, assembly foams as well as extruded polystyrene foam (XPS);
- development of the market of perfumery quality ether in Russia and supplying consumers with domestic high-quality raw materials;
- import substitution;
- production diversification.
In the first half of December 2018, DME Aerosol LLC (Tula region) successfully implemented a project and commissioned an installation for the production of high-quality dimethyl ether (99.99%).
From December 17, 2018, the company reached a stable product quality. The dimethyl ether (DME) produced meets the requirements of international quality standards.
More detailed information can be found on website: www.dme-aerosol.ru