Sulphuric acid (H2SO4) is an odorless viscous hygroscopic oily liquid.
Molecular mass: 98.08 AMU.
Boiling point: 281°C
Freezing point: (-29°C)
Density: 1.8355 g/cm3
Sulphuric acid is soluble in water, highly active while reacting with reducing agents, organic substances, metals, alkalis, highly corrosive to non-ferrous metals and light steels (at 90% concentration). If heated at a temperature of more than 296°C, sulphuric acid decomposes into water and SO3.
Sulphuric acid is produced commercially in two ways: via nitrose process (i.e. tower process) or contact process. The first phase in producing sulphuric acid by any of the ways is getting sulphuric dioxide (SO2) by combustion of raw materials containing sulphur (iron pyrites or sulphur pyrites). After the refinement of sulphur dioxide, it is oxidized to sulphur trioxide which is treated with water to produce sulphuric acid. At present, concentrated sulphuric acid, oleum and 100% sulphuric anhydride are produced via contact process.
Subject to its concentration, sulphuric acid has different applications and is used:
- for fertilizers production
- as electrolyte in various types of lead-acid batteries
- for various mineral salts production
- for chemical fibers, dyestuff, smoke producing substances and explosives production
- in oil, metal-working, textile, leather-processing and other industries
- in industrial organic synthesis in the following reactions:
- dehydration (getting diethyl ether, esters)
- hydration (ethanol out of ethylene)
- sulphanation (detergents; intermediate products in dyestuff production)
- alkylation (obtaining isooctane, polyethylene glycol, caprolactam and other products)
Oleum is the solution of sulphuric anhydride SO3 in the sulphuric acid. Oleum is a heavy oily liquid. In case of its reaction with water, much heat is evolved, smoke is evolved in the air.
Oleum is used for sulphonation of organic compounds and for sulphuric acid transportation.
Our products are produced in accordance with GOST 2184-2013 "Sulfuric technical acid. Technical conditions"; GOST 667-73 "Sulfuric battery acid. Technical conditions"; TU 113-08-617-87 "Sulfuric acid, grade K. Specifications"; GOST 4204-77 "Reagents. Sulfuric acid. Technical conditions".
Specification - Sulphuric Acid
Specification - Sulphuric Acid (High Purity Grade)
Specification - Sulphuric Acid (Highly Purified)
Specification - Sulphuric Acid (Battery Acid)
Specification - Sulphuric Acid (Grade K)
Specification - Oleum H2SO