The production activity of the Company is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the environmental regulations of the Russian Federation, prevailing international principles and agreements, and is also directly connected with the strategy of the Company in the field of technical development and social responsibility.
The main objective of environmental policy executed by the Company is to create the conditions for safe production activity based on the economic, social and environmental protection standards, with due account of all interested parties’ opinions. Our Company fully understands its liability to our shareholder, employees and their families, services and goods consumers, business partners and regional citizens. We suppose it of the utmost importance to support open constructive dialogue with all the parties concerned.
All the projects planned to be launched at the Company’s enterprises go through expert and public hearings. The opinion of the environmental scientists with whom we maintain a constant liaison as well as citizens’ support is very important to us.
The Company considers its further tasks in the environmental protection sphere, as follows:
- rational use of natural resources;
- providing economic growth and stable technical development of manufacturing enterprises without damage to the environment;
- assistance to introduction of the energy- and resource-saving technologies into industrial processes and the investment programs execution;
- achieving of an up-to-date level of ecological safety of production, particularly owing to the timely training of personnel;
- stage-by-stage reduction of the hazardous substances emissions to atmosphere;
- gradual decrease of contaminants discharge to refinery water bodies;
- constant improvement of the production waste storage facilities, reduction of their number and their maximum re-use in accordance with the ecological expediency for the purpose of decreasing a man-caused impact on the environment;
- constant ecological monitoring.
In order to create the up-to-date management system in the Company, the integrated management system in the spheres of quality, ecology, health protection and industrial safety has been introduced. Shchekinoazot, OJSC (Russia) was certificated by the international companies SGS and МООDY International. Starting from 2007, the Company’s annual activity has been supported by the certificates of conformity with the requirements of the international standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
Considering the close location of the Company to the world famous museum-preserve Yasnaya Polyana, where the count Leo Tolstoy, a Russian genius of classical literature, having lived and worked, the problems of the environmental safety have always been of great importance to our Company. The company pays a lot of attention to them and appropriates considerable sums of money on their solution.
During recent five years the main part of the Environment Pollution Reduction Program was executed. The overall amount of money invested in its implementation was more than RUB 220 000 000.
On the territory of the Company there is the system of ecological monitoring and significant ecological aspects control procedure enabling constant environmental condition control, estimation of the efficiency of the carried out environmental actions and timely prevention of undesirable negative impact functioning.