The social policy of Shchekinoazot is based on the principles of responsibility for the welfare of the Company's employees and their families. Observance of corporate principles and values makes it possible to promote social progress, growth of economic potential of the Company, effective development of the region where the Company's enterprises are located and also increase the standard of living of its employees.
The Company assumes social obligations by performing a set of actions aimed at achieving corporate goals.
IN RELATION TO SOCIETY:
- Providing quality solutions related to the chemical industry, taking the joint interests of business and society into account
- Use of resource-saving technologies
- Promoting environmental and industrial safety
- Compliance with legislation
- Compliance with international agreements
- Assistance in the implementation of social and environmental protection projects
IN RELATION TO EMPLOYEES:
- Creating jobs with competitive salaries, social benefits, and compensation
- Compliance with regulatory requirements in the field of social and labour relations in accordance with Russian legislation and collective agreements
- Promotion of safe working conditions and high social and living standards at enterprises based on the priority of ensuring the safety of workers and maintaining their health
- Promotion of the comprehensive professional development of employees, organisation of cultural, sports, and recreational activities
IN RELATION TO REGIONAL COMMUNITIES:
- Providing employment in the region where the Company is located
- Compliance with tax obligations
- Assistance in the implementation of projects that contribute to the economic development of the territories and the successful solution of social problems
- Participation in projects in the field of environmental protection
- Providing charitable assistance to groups in society in need
In 2017 Shchekinoazot allocated more than RUB 104 million to social and charitable projects. The Year of Good Deeds programme, which was launched in 2015 at the initiative of B. A. Sokol, the CEO of the company, is still underway. There are no plans to stop it. This large-scale multidirectional project to support the Shchekino District and its residents has become part of the Company's social policy and is also aimed at the further development and prosperity of the territory and improving the welfare of its residents.
Shchekinoazot pays a great deal of attention to the development of physical culture and sports as well as maintaining the health of its staff. The Company has its own primary healthcare unit. Employees of Shchekinoazot thank the plant for the fact that it oversees the effective operation of the outpatient clinic. Shchekinoazot allocates more than RUB 20 million annually to its primary healthcare unit. The plant balance sheet includes the Yubileynyy Sports Centre in the settlement of Pervomayskiy.
In 2016 the Yubileynyy Sports Centre was completely renovated. These works were so large-scale that it can be said that Yubileynyy was effectively rebuilt. The Yubileynyy Sports Centre now hosts the Vityaz boxing club that can be attended for free as well as a studio of sports acrobatics. There is also a swimming pool, which is used by both professional athletes and those who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
In 2018 the Vityaz children and youth sports club was opened in Suvorov with the support of Shchekinoazot.
The Company provides financial support to the Tula-Shchekinoazot basketball team, wrestling and karate clubs, as well as the Setball tennis centre in Tula.
Every year sports festivals are held for the Company's employees. Teams from various workshops and divisions take part in competitions in a range of sports, and employees of the Company compete in individual championships. At the end of the year the winners receive the title of 'Best athlete' and awards from the Company.
An important part of the social policy of Shchekinoazot is the organisation of recreation and leisure activities for the Company's employees and their children. The Company annually invests significant funds, tens of millions of rubles, in such projects. Recreational seaside holidays for Shchekino chemists at the Black Sea coast, health resort treatment, and vacations for employees' children in the picturesque resort areas of Central Russia—all these are long-standing traditions of Shchekinoazot, confirming the high standards of social responsibility of the Company.
Shchekino chemists have maintained another wonderful tradition—they all relax and spend their free time together with their families. The Trade Union Committee of Shchekinoazot undertakes the organisation of beneficial leisure time, interesting pastime, and worthwhile communication.
... Investing in human capital is both a goal and a way to ensure the efficient operation of the Company. When people feel and know that they are valued, and their professional and personal potential is being developed, they work better and more responsibly and strive to remain a part of this inspiring team for as long as possible. All this has a positive effect on the bottom line of the Company. Incidentally, there is no staff turnover at Shchekinoazot at all. On the contrary, there are labour dynasties whose total tenure spans hundreds of years.