ESG stands for Environmental, Social and Governance.
These areas of business responsibility have become a powerful driver of companies' development, their new philosophy and mission. These are investments in future-oriented development, namely in human potential and resources, in a prosperous environment for work and living, and in the formation of a new mindset and a new attitude towards oneself, the world, one's work and the company.
ESG principles are currently based on the goodwill of companies. We understand full well that this is the direction in which responsible modern enterprises embedded in both domestic socio-economic processes, the international agenda and the export market development process will be going. This direction means ESG indicators becoming a sign of companies' reliability, progressiveness and responsibility to people and the world.
Shchekinoazot, however, had already formulated the basic principles of sustainable development as early as over 15 years ago.
Today, they are enshrined in the company's Social Strategy, implemented in parallel with the production strategy.
In relation to society, we guarantee the following:
- quality solutions in the chemical industry, accounting for the shared interests of business and society;
- the implementation of resource-saving technologies;
- the promotion of environmental and industrial safety;
- compliance with the law;
- compliance with the requirements and norms stipulated by international agreements;
- assistance in the implementation of social and environmental protection projects.
As far as employees are concerned, our policy is as follows:
- the creation of jobs with competitive salaries, social benefits and compensation;
- compliance with regulatory requirements in the field of social and labour relations in accordance with Russian legislation and collective agreements;
- the promotion of safe working conditions and high social and living standards at our enterprises, based on prioritizing the safety of workers and maintaining their health;
- the promotion of the comprehensive professional development of employees and organisation of cultural, sports, and recreational activities for them.
As far as regional communities are concerned, we take the following upon ourselves:
- ensuring employment of the region's population;
- fulfilment of tax obligations;
- assistance in the implementation of projects that contribute to the region's economic development and the successful solution of social problems;
- participation in environmental protection projects;
- charitable assistance to different underprivileged social groups;
- implementation of territorial development projects.